Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Italian Style


I walked to Aci Castello to Gustavo's barber today. The owner of the Parrucchiere Per Uomo is Luigi but his sidekick Giorgio (yea!) styled my dome. I'm looking more Italian all the time!

Afterward I toured the Norman Castle, picture, it's really a rook not a castle, free entry since I'm 60! Not much to see really but great views of both Aci Castello and Aci Trezza. The three people who run the Castle are Davide, Antonella and Alessandra. Nice people, we took pictures of each other and they gave me a bunch of freebies on the way out.

In the news today, the Carabinieri in Aci Reale, where Matt (please note Matt's eyes in yesterday's blog picture at the Festival in Aci Reale) and I went to the Festival of San Sebatiano, found the body of a dead woman in her 20's Monday morning just a few blocks from where we were Sunday night. She had two puncture wounds in her neck and her body was completely drained of blood! Just a coincidence right? By the way, "Il Conte" slept in until 1:15 p.m. today! The Sicilian sleeping records are tumbling!

Practice last night was really good on an individual basis but still missing a lot of key players. The one's who come to practice are starting to see the big picture of what we are trying to do.

Jonathan's Pannini Camion on the way home for an Italian Sausage sandwich. It was a great way to finish the evening.

Many of you have e-mailed me about the lack of pictures on the blog of the Italian women. This Friday at the traditional team get-together at Piazza Bellini I'll bring my camera and take pictures of some of the Elefanti girlfriends and wives (maybe both in some cases). 

No comments: