Thursday, April 24, 2008

A Beautiful Day for the Beach


I awoke to discover an incredible morning in Aci Castello! On my morning walk towards Aci Trezza for my granita and brioche at Mythos Bar I saw the scene below.

The rich blue water and the beauty of the castle started me thinking about a day at the beach.

On my way back to Malibu I came across this pastoral beach scene in Aci Trezza but knew I didn't want to lay out on the rocks or on a cement pathway.

The answer was a 15 minute drive to the other end of Catania to the more traditionally sandy Playa Beach.

I took my first dip in the Ionian Sea, it was quite cold and wet!

Back home in Malibu after a great day of sun and surf, we lounged on the patio and saw this lonely cruise ship headed to ???

The perfect end to a perfect day?
What else but a BBQ at Malibu!

What else could make this day even better? How about a well attended practice at 8:00 p.m.? It actually happened! We had a very solid workout leading up to Sunday's away game vs. the 2-1 Palermo Corsari. We had a very focused practice and I think we are heading in the right direction!

No comments: