Thursday, June 25, 2009

Decision


At the end of each of the 41 seasons I have coached football I sit down, a few weeks after the campaign is over, to review the good, the bad, the ugly and the goofy of the previous four months.

Laurie and I have been talking a lot over the last month about the 2009 Elephants Catania and our future with the franchise. Because of the many memorable occasions and wonderful friendships we have made in the last two years our decision was not going to be easy.

I came to my final conclusion this week and informed Davide Giuliano, our Owner and General Manager, in person and the Elephants by e-mail yesterday of my decision not to return for the 2010 season.

It was NOT an easy decision.

I promised Davide to help in the finding of a replacement coach and to continue to recruit players for future Elephant squads.

2008 Catania Elephants

2009 Catania Elephants

Laurie and I cannot begin to thank everyone involved with the Elephants for these incredibly wonderful two seasons.

ELEPHANTS,
THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES!!!

Since a picture is worth a thousand words. . .





























































































5 comments:

Unknown said...

Coach, I never met you, but I am really sad about your decision. It's (was) a pleasure to check your blog and read about your italian experience.

Bye

Giovanni

George said...

I'm glad you enjoyed the blog, I will still keep it going when I return to California.

Coppino said...

Coach and Laurie.......nothing......THANK YOU!!

.:Bri:. said...

Mr. Contreras NNNNOOOO!!!! you are living Italy just when I was planning to visit you... Im glad your coming back... its a bitter sweet thing :D

George said...

Such is life.