Monday, October 24, 2016

Fernando the Barber


Monday, 24 October, 2016:

Rain again today limited my activities so when we got a bit of a break in the weather, I walked into the heart of beautiful Arganda del Rey.

Arganda del Rey's  Barbershop
for Caballeros

I had not had a haircut and beard trim in a month and was starting to look like a hippie.

It was time to clean up my act.

Fernando my barber
on the left behind the glass

Fernando was outgoing, quite jovial and a true professional.

Every hair follicle on my head got individual attention like never before.

At the end of our session, Fernando spritzed my entire head with some form of aromatic spray that warned people 50 feet in front of me for the next hour that I was coming!

All in  all, it was a good experience.

I was now ready for a cafe con leche and tortilla Española at La Tertulia.

At La Tertulia, I picked up the local newspaper to find the weather report.

Rain is expected Tuesday and
Wednesday too all over Spain

 Finally, I found a great Panaderia!

It is nowhere near as close to our home as the great one that we had in Murcia run by the irrepressible Belén, it will do as they also offer bread choices all of our earthly needs.

 Halloween is only a week away

Before my haircut, this would
have been my perfect hippie Vespa

 Interesting rotating ball fountain

 7:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.
Osos Rivas Practices

During the Junior practice tonight I worked with the defensive line and their coach, our very own Berto who is a fine lineman on our Senior team. It was a good workout with some interesting Junior characters.

As for the Seniors, it was another good night. The best thing about our Seniors is that we have a squad full of players with lots of ganas. 

Ganas is Spanish for desire, which makes coming to practice as one of their coaches a nightly treat.

I couldn't be happier with the Osos or with working with all-around good guy Head Coach Jesús Sanchez.

As for the COUNTDOWN only . . .

. . . more days until Laurie is
in España!

No comments: