Saturday, October 8, 2016

More Arganda del Rey Exploring, an IKEA Shopping Adventure and an Osos Practice


Friday, 7 October, 2016:

It was another day in sunny España so I started the day with a walk into the city to find the exact location of the Metro station that I would need on Saturday to get to Alcalà de Henares for a hook-up there to drive on to Guadalajara for the Stings 11:30 a.m. practice.

 No Rooms with a View Here

Alien Space Craft?

No, it is actually Arganda del Rey's futuristic Metro station.

Mission accomplished, it was only about a ten minute walk from La Casa Grande.

I had some time, so I kept on exploring.

Arganda del Rey has a Central Park

Central Park has lots of . . .

. . . Fountains

It also has a pensive statue

I love the way that the word
"Ayuntamiento" rolls off one's tongue

Ayuntamiento means City Hall.

Most of the day was spent with Jesús shopping for minor but necessary things for La Casa Grande at . . .

 One of Sweden's greatest exports

Does that say FIKA?

Another word that I love.

Fika means yum!

I had to go with IKEA's 
Swedish meatballs for lunch

The cheesecake was my pika for the day.

 I recently went through Daim
rehab, I WAS STRONG!

Maybe the best candy EVER!

In the evening it was time for back-to-back Osos Junior and Senior team practices.

 Juniors warming up

Junior Fashion Sense

Let's just say that the Juniors
have their own way of exercising
and leave it at that

 As the Sun set on the Juniors,
the Seniors took the field for 90 minutes

I was very pleased with the work ethic of our offensive linemen. As a team, Jesús is working wonders with both the Osos' minds and bodies.

This is a good team and staff to work with for the next few weeks.

After practice, Jesús and I headed to the Centro Rivas for dinner.

It was 11:15 p.m.

Centro Rivas has everything you could want including . . .

Cool!

I got to bed at about 1:00 a.m. on Saturday with a big day ahead for me at an 11:30 a.m. practice with one of our four feeder teams, the Guadalajara Stings.

I'm getting sleep deprived.

The ham croquettas are getting through the Spanish days and nights though.

No comments: